Amazon, a trusted brand name
Amazon affiliate marketing programs was launched in 1996 and become one of the first affiliate programs in the internet. It is a well known and a trusted brand name among internet users. It makes people feel more comfortable making purchases from Amazon than from other lesser known or unknown companies.
If you are a blogger or content site owner , you can become a member of the Amazon affiliates programs but you need to get approval to become member of Amazon affiliates. Thus, you have to sign up to Amazon associates website to become an affiliate.
As Amazon affiliate you can choose a method to add Amazon products. Also you can choose how you want to display your ads. You can put linking tools from Amazon site to advertise Amazon products and monetize your own site.
Invest your time to test various types of ads positions, methods, or products. Try to find which one works best on your site and should produce revenue.
Amazon has millions of new and used products. You may promote the products of your own interest that would attract your readers. It is your niche marketing and people will not doubt to buy the product of your niche because Amazon is a trusted brand name among internet users.
But if you prefer not to choose the products yourself, you may select an automated ad which will give you a list of products based on the content of your website or the best deals on Amazon.
You will be able to collect commissions or referral fees when customers click through the links on your websites and buy the products. But your affiliate membership approval will be cancelled by Amazon if something is not sold from your website within three months.
Hereby the fixed advertising fee rates that you will get from Amazon if you become their affiliate.
As we can see from the tables of advertising fee rates above, the commissions for Amazon affiliates is between 1% up to 10%. It is a bit low commissions.
Amazon pays you as their affiliate in several ways:
- Pay By Check (for minimum $100 earnings)
- Direct Deposit to your bank (for minimum earnings $10, USA only)
- Amazon Gift Card (for minimum earnings $10)
Amazon also provides some different tools to facilitate their affiliates. The tools give advantage to the affiliates to be able to copy paste the products of their interest to be promoted in their websites. One of the tools is Site Stripe. This toolbaar has some features to make affiliates easily add links and also for a quick view of their earning commissions. The features of Site Stripe among others: Link to any Page, Build Slideshows on the Fly, Share on Twitter and Facebook, and View Earnings Summary.
Other than Site Stripe, Amazon provides widgets for their affiliates too. Some of the widgets are:
- Deals Widget: To show “Goldbox deals”. It is a gold color box which is showing a discounted items from a specific category and ongoing promotions of the category.
- Carousel Widget: This widget is almost the same as Deals Widget. The different is that this enables you to show the discounted items or ongoing promotions of a specific category in a rotating gallery of the items.
- My favorites: This widget enables you to show your amazon favorite products or to tell your feeling about a certain product.
You can also promoting Amazon products by using Amazon graphical banners for each category on your website. Amazon has standard banner sizes and shapes, and banners for special seasonal promotions either.
Another benefit you can get as an Amazon affiliates is that you can create an online store with up to 100 storefronts using aStore setup tool. This aStore tool guides you to generates a URL. You can embed links from this URL to your website and display feature of Amazon products. With this aStore tool you can also create a shopping cart for your customers.
- Amazon provides tools and supports for their affiliates.
- Amazon has millions of new and used products to promote.
- Trusted brand name among internet users.
- You can collect commissions when someone buys Amazon’s product recommended at your website.
- You must have a semi developed or developed website to join Amazon Associates.
- They don’t provide trainings nor tutorials for their affiliates.
- You must get approval to become Amazon affiliate member.
- They will cancel your affiliate’s approval if you don’t sell anything from your website within three months.
How do you think so far? Are you interested to become a member of Amazon affiliate?